Home bleaching kit comes with your customized tray and whitening gel. You apply the tray for few hours (duration depends on the type of the whitening gel), for a number of days determined by your dentist, until you reach the optimal result.
Prior to treatment: For the optimal result of the procedure, brush and floss your teeth before
bleaching. Whitening trays must be clean and dry before applying the whitening gel.
Instructions for use:
- Apply a small dot of bleach (size of a rice grain) on the central part of inner front surface of each tooth compartment in the tray. You only need to bleach the most forward 8 – 10 teeth in the upper and lower jaw, as posterior teeth are usually not visible while smiling.
- Important: Do not spread bleach around the other surfaces of the tray. Be very careful to avoid getting whitening gel on your gums. Too much gel in the trays could lead to temporary gum irritation. If you notice excess gel, remove it with a cotton swab or a dry toothbrush.
- Place trays in your mouth for 4 h (if the whitening gel consists of 16% carbamide peroxide) or 8 h (if the whitening gel consists of 10% carbamide peroxide). The trays should be set firmly against your teeth. You can notice some bubbles inside the trays.
- When you remove trays, brush your teeth and clean the bleaching trays with your toothbrush and cold water. Wait for the trays to dry up and put them in a box we provided you with. Recap the syringe with gel and place it in the fridge.
- Repeat the process for more days until you are satisfied with results. The number of days should be determined by your dentist.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while the trays are inside of your mouth.
- During the bleaching period and for a week after, avoid tobacco, food and drinks that could stain your teeth (tea, coffee, red wine, dark sauces as Aceto Balsamico or curry, blueberries, etc).
- Oral hygiene should be impeccable.
After the treatment:
- Some sensitivity can occur as a result of bleaching. In that case, stop the treatment and contact us for further steps.
- Your expectations about the results should be realistic. Results are variable by teeth anatomy, age, hygiene and starting shade. Please remember that old fillings, crowns and dentures will not be whitened.
- Final shade will be achieved about two weeks after the whitening procedure. Make sure that any changes of fillings or other restorations happen after that period of time.
- Whitening is not a permanent method and can be repeated after certain amount of time. The time between two whitenings should be determined by your dentist. Your trays can be used multiple times so storage them in dark and dry place.